We had a great time celebrating the newer versions of Ubuntu, The Ubuntu 11.10 – Oneiric Oncelot last Saturday October 15, 2011 from 2PM to 5:30PM PHT in Sta. Rosa, Laguna. It was a quite long travel for me from Makati to Sta. Rosa but i’m not bothered. First reason why, i love to travel alone. Secondly, I’m a gregarious person who always like to meet ubuntu people and learn from them, share some ideas, knowing each other on the actual presence of our personality rather than virtually as we all knows we only meet, talk on irc, forums, etc. So i had attended as an audience there, not only an Ubunturero but as a Efren (a friend, a supporter :D).
I got and like the idea of Jean Austine Rodriguez (zeroseven0183), He was cooking up to found a sub local community of team Philippines, then meet often. I should give some reasons why this is really good idea:
1. We Only meet at Release Parties, this is more often held in Manila, Zamboanga City And Cebu every 6 months.
2. As you can see on list number 1, there is Zamboanga and Cebu that we could already consider as sub loco community, so I think we might need list number 3
3. I guess it’s time to set this thing formally, a sub local community and bring it up on the next meeting, actually this is like one of the agendas that already brought up last meeting back in 2010. here is the logs.
Regional Contact ( Regional is too broad, let’s change it to sub local community/by Cities instead).
Setting a regular meet up every week is good too, get some time and place to have an Ubuntu Hour.
“The result of this is a United and More Active Ubuntu-PH Community.”
Much easier now *To assess areas with active Ubuntu-ph members, *Survey users locations *Push our Advocacy, Seminars for schools and the like. All members from sub community will elect their own contact person too. after formally setting this up and organized, is it possible to have the idea of having Ubuntu-ph Community Council in the future. what do you think? :) Elected contacts from Sta. Rosa City, Zamboanga City, Cebu City, Davao City, Ilagan Isabela and more will chair the council, they are responsible also for approval process to become a Ubuntu-ph member.
Approval requirements for becoming a Ubuntu-ph member.
1. Signed the Ubuntu code of conduct.
2. *Introduce his/herself to Ubuntu-ph community council on irc (don’t worry, this is all about an introduction to know more about the new member, this will help to break the ice from oldies member). Okey, I should stop here , i’m giving too much insights. :D
Back to the main topic, Here’s the group pictures taken from Ubuntu Release Sta. Rosa:
From left to right, Jean Austin Rodriguez (zeroseven0183) , Efren D. Montales Jr. (kidsodateless), Gerry Co, Kevin Almazora, Gervin Kent Rodriguez, Renz Calano, and Jossien Alibudbud
more pictures here Danielle Rose Calano
Good luck Ubuntu Sta. Rosa, Mabuhay! :D
2:00 am – woke up time! incase your not inform, i’m from Quezon city :D
5:00 am – Arrived at work!
12:00 pm – off at work cut 2hrs. of my official working time.
2:45 pm – arrived at party’s venue
5:30 pm – went out.
8:40 pm – decided to drop by at SM Mega mall, bought some stuffs.
1:30 am – finally arrive at $home.
I had a long fun day! :D